Northrop Grumman Computer Systems Analyst 3 in Austin, Texas
Computer Systems Analyst 3
Requisition ID: 17024449
Location(s): United States-Texas-Austin
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a well-qualified Computer Systems Analyst 3 to provide systems administration and management of application and network performance monitoring tools in a production environment. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Texas Integrated Eligibility Redesign System (TIERS). This position will be located in Austin, TX.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for monitoring, detecting, analyzing, and reporting events in a network and a data-center environment including application servers, databases, development and/or production networks and associated infrastructure.
• Coordinate with internal and external support teams, vendors, and manufacturers to resolve complex issues related to event, incident, and problem management.
• Operate monitoring/analysis tools to monitor, detect, analyze events as they occur in the environment and report to appropriate individuals/groups for corrective action or follow up.
• Perform analysis, triage, and correlate data to identify offending resource(s) and determine best approach and next steps to resolution.
• Report findings, provide recommendations, and create action plans create to accomplish work.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years of system administration in IT systems management in network operations and/or data center environments. An additional 4 years of applicable work experience may be substituted for degree requirement
• Minimum of 2 years in virtualization technologies including hands-on experience with Hyper-V, KVM or VMWare
• Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and Cisco-based networking fundamentals
• Must have excellent communication skills and be a detail-oriented self-starter and comfortable working side-by-side with our customer’s staff. This role is crucial to the success of our team.
• Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Work experience with Splunk Enterprise
• Work experience with network, application and database performance monitoring tools
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Computer Systems Analyst 3
Requisition ID: 17024449