Belcan Buyer in Cedar Park, Texas
Job Number: 222158
Description: A Buyer in Cedar Park, Texas is currently available through Belcan. This job is with one of our Oil & Gas clients. To be considered for this role, you will need three years of supply chain experience as a Buyer, Procurement Specialist, or Purchasing Coordinator. In this role, you will be responsible for managing 10-25 existing vendor accounts. Including the processing of purchase requisitions and purchase orders, the maintenance of PO action flags and dates, the processing of discrepant material, and the overall optimization of key supply chain criteria: cost, quality, delivery and customer/supplier communication. This is a temporary opportunity with a growing company.
Buyer Job duties:
• Managing 10-25 existing vendor accounts.
• Identify and select primary and secondary suppliers.
• Will support a complex supply chain for both new and mature product lines, in a low volume, high mix environment.
• Complete requests for quotes and negotiate procurement contracts.
• Issue purchase orders and expedite orders.
• Coordinate contract agreements between suppliers and NOV.
• Verify the purchase orders and keep PO status up to date.
• Perform other work related tasks as assigned.
• Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
• Three years of Supply chain experience as a buyer, procurement specialist, or purchasing coordinator.
• Comprehensive understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, supply chain theory and concepts, and Excel. JDE experience is a plus.
• Strong communicator with the ability to negotiate effectively with vendors.
• Strong team player with the ability to effectively work and communicate with peers in Quality, Purchasing, Planning, Manufacturing, Sales, Engineering, and other functional areas.
• APICS or other supply chain certification is a plus.
If you are interested in this Buyer job in Cedar Park, Texas, please apply via the “apply now” link provided or send your resume to email@example.com. Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the engineering, IT, and professional fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com.
Location: Cedar Park , TX
Minimum Experience (yrs): 3
Required Education: Not Specified
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart