LyondellBasell Industries Turnaround Materials Coordinator in Channelview, Texas
LyondellBasell is searching for a Turnaround Materials Coordinator for the Channelview, TX Manufacturing Complex, and located 18 miles from downtown Houston. Our 4,000-acre Channelview Complex consists of two olefin units at the north side facility that manufacture ethylene, propylene, butadiene and benzene. The south side facility uses many of these products to produce propylene oxide, styrene monomer and other derivatives. The position offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package and pension plan.
The Turnaround Materials Coordinator will report directly to the Turnaround Manager. The Materials Coordinator plays a strategic role during the execution phase and is the lead for all Materials work during execution. Supporting role in scope development, TA project development, and all TA Materials plan development & coordination for all turnarounds. The Materials Coordinator is the execution lead for all Materials work in the turnaround.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:*
Carries out responsibilities in a way that fosters a safe and productive work environment.
Promote an environment in which everyone is treated with respect
Lead the Material’s Inventory team during turnaround execution and pre-turnaround execution to ensure achievement of TA.
Coordinate material requirement needs with the Lead Planner / Scheduler.
Develop a material-staging plan.
Ensure procedures are in place to accurately receive and Kit & Stage T/A materials. (K&S by Task # etc.)
Coordinate with purchasing to provide material support.
Provide 24-hour MM personnel coverage as required. Material Management personnel must be knowledgeable and skilled.
Prepares knowledge / skill requirements for Material Management personnel and obtains the approval of T/A Manager.
Identify any special inspection requirements for incoming material.
Facilitates uniformity and formalizes existing A,E&I turnaround best practices
Identify any investment recovery opportunities due to equipment upgrades.
Prepares role oriented turnaround closure report and participates in turnaround critiques
Participate in turnaround review meetings, lessons learned and recommendations
Assist planning in identifying TA long lead material needs. Procures, coordinates, and expedites TA long lead material as needed.
High School diploma or GED with 5 years minimum of maintenance/materials/ procurement experience in the chemical /refining industry. Experience as a material coordinator is required, but experience as a TA material coordinator is desired.
• 3 years minimum supervisor experience required.
• Familiarity with equipment drawings, P&IDs, isometric drawings, specifications and QA/QC requirements.
• Expert in material ordering, expediting, logistics, and consignment processes.
• 5 years minimum of SAP materials ordering experience is preferred.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written) with the ability to effectively interact and communicate with all departments and levels of the organization and with external suppliers.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be proactive and self-motivated. Must demonstrate the ability to handle multiple projects, changing priorities, and frequently heavy workloads which may require work in addition to normal hours.
• Must be willing and able to work a TA execution schedule of 10 hr shifts 13 on with one day off approximately 2 months out of any given year.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel.
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world’s largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.