WestRock Case Sealer in Dallas, Texas
About WestRock WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Case Sealer-3rd shift-Dallas, Tx
13465 Jupiter Rd
Dallas, Texas, 75238
GENERAL PURPOSE : Stack finished cases properly onto specified pallets.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Stacks finished cases properly onto the specified pallets following customer specifications and stacking patterns.
Assures the correct labels are applied to the finished cases.
- Assists other Case Sealers when needed.
- Runs and maintains case sealer equipment, including hand tapers.
- Erects packing cases for folder gluers, per job ticket cad number.
- Assists in training new and temporary employees to fill in.
- Stages cases for next job on gluer during their make readies.
- Rotates breaks to keep folder/gluers running continuously.
- Must be at job site ready to start work at the start of the shift.
- Keeps track of corrugated.
- Creates labels for cases from information on job ticket.
- Organizes and files blue boxes upon job completion.
- Coordinates with operators at the completion of a job to have all material accounted for.
- Makes sure job was completed to required count.
- Assists operator in pre-staging next available job.
- Reviews all job tickets to see what cases need to be made prior to folding and gluing.
- Makes corrugated boxes for Folder Gluers.
- Assists Folder Gluers where needed.
- Keeps area safe and clean during operation.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have basic mechanical skills.
- Must be able to read and understand job tickets.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and safety rules.
- Must be able to pass a basic reading test.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must have basic math skills and be able to read a measuring tape.
- Must have basic computer skills including email, word processing.
- Must be able to work well with others.
- Must be able to keep up in a fast paced production environment.
- Must be able to identify quality issues.
- Must be able to communicate verbally as well as in writing to train, lead and directly help operators.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
·Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
·Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
·An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
·A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock-MPS Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Using the paste from word feature, please insert your position content in this field using the WestRock standard posting format which can be found on the HR resource site: https://westrockco.sharepoint.com/sites/HRResourcesite/TA/Source/SitePages/Home.aspx .
Please DO NOT include a header or position title and location and BE SURE TO REMOVE THIS INSTRUCTION TEXT BEFORE POSTING
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.