Fujitsu Systems Engineer - TX, OK, LA, AR, CA in Dallas, Texas
Title: Systems Engineer - TX, OK, LA, AR, CA
Other Locations: Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, California, Arkansas
Job Number: FAI04360
Fujitsu America, Inc. provides a complete portfolio of business technology services, computing platforms, and industry solutions. Fujitsu platform products are based on scalable, reliable and high-performance server, storage, point-of-sale, and mobile technologies. Fujitsu combines its renowned platform offerings with a full suite of onshore, near shore and offshore system integration, outsourcing, and datacenter services covering applications, operations, infrastructure, customer service, and multi-vendor lifecycle services. Fujitsu provides industry-specific solutions for retail, manufacturing, healthcare, government, education, financial services, and telecommunications sectors. For more information on Fujitsu America's business scope, visit http://solutions.us.fujitsu.com/ . br> br> br> br>We are seeking an Pre-Sales Enterprise Systems Engineer - Storage/Server focus with ability to support all Enterprise Products in a presales role in our Platform Products Group, to be based in the US with a preference to either be in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Arkansas, or California. br> br> br> br>Description br> br> br> br>This individual will provide enterprise-level pre-sales support in the development of sales opportunities bringing successful business solutions to customers. br> br>With minimal direction from Enterprise Systems Engineering Management: br> br>•Supports selected pre-sales activities to assist Sales in attaining revenue, margin and product shipment objectives.
• Possess both the technical knowledge and experience to provide general marketing support to assigned channel partners/Channel Development Executives and end user sales opportunities/Client Executives throughout North America.
• Have Expert knowledge of the sales process including hardware and software evaluation and selection.
• An expert understanding of the account planning process.
• Assist sales in the technical qualification of sales opportunities.
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and sensitivity to political issues that may arise.
• Conduct both customer facing product presentations and remote WebEx Presentations. Must be able to deliver clear, organized, on point, and interesting presentations to the audience. Must be able to develop presentations tailored for specific events and/or audiences.
• Conduct technical product training for sales partners.
• Must be able to hear and comprehend both the facts and emotions of a verbal conversation. Be an active listener to draw out the speaker.
• Create product configurations and sales quotations build- to-order configuration skills mapping customer define requirements to accepted solution and smooth implementations.
• Conduct product sizing and build configuration based on their documented detail sizing assumptions from higher level customer provided requirements.
• Design and architect technical sales solutions around Fujitsu IP.
• Conduct Quote and Solution validation as a service to others in the sales organization.
• Communicate with customers remotely and face to face with the expected travel to be 50 %.
• Conduct post sales System Assurance Facilitation which is a pre-sales to post sales handoff to ensure successful product installation and implementation
• Respond to formal RFP addressing detail technical responses in writing.
• Work effectively with others and maintain a positive team approach. Capable of effectively leading team efforts as required.
• Make effective use of time and is able to prioritize tasks.
• Provide technical account management for selected installed customers, maintain relationships and identifying follow-on sales opportunities.
• Assist other organizations in testing of configuration and quoting tools.
• Understand the client’s technical requirements by leading technical discussions and meetings for “white boarding” potential and alternative solutions; by developing technical recommendations and solutions, and then by designing and configuring the hardware and software infrastructure necessary to meet the customer requirements.
• Identify and understand the customer business problem needs and requirements.
•Help develop technical papers or tools for the benefit of the organization and may work with other SEs in the development of complex business solutions br> br>Qualifications:
Expert technical knowledge of two or more of the following:
• Storage technologies
• Server x86 and or SPARC technologies
• Backup/recovery technologies
• Networking and network security
• Data Base Management technologies (Oracle, Sybase, XML, SAP/HANA, Hadoop.)
• High Availability technologies (VERITAS Open Cluster, HPC, Windows Clusters, Linux Clusters)
• Understanding of IT infrastructure with specific core competence of storage architectures: SAN, NAS, CAS, Tiered Storage and Information Lifecycle Management.
• Understanding of data protection & archival technologies – Tape Automation, D2D2Tape strategies, VTL, Data Deduplication, Backup software, Data Archival, Replication technologies, and Disaster Recovery concepts.
• Understanding of storage management techniques, software management products and capabilities.
• Understanding of network topologies and technologies: routers, switches, security, load balancing.
• Understanding of IT infrastructure with specific core competence of x86 and SPARC server architectures.
• Technical knowledge of the following operating systems - Windows, Linux, VMware, Hyper-V, Citrix Virtualization OS’s. Solaris a plus.
• Knowledge of Server & Storage IT industry trends including competitive marketing strategies.
• Understanding of Fujitsu architecture and aspects affecting system design for a wide range of business solutions. For new hires this level of knowledge will be attained within the first 90 days of employment.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or on the basis of disability.