Olin Corporation Environmental Delivery Specialist in FREEPORT, Texas
Environmental Delivery Specialist
Chlor Alkali Products & Vinyls, a division of Olin Corporation, has an opening for an Environmental Delivery Specialist , located in Freeport, TX. The Environmental Delivery Specialist shares with the Leveraged EH&S Leader the responsibility for implementation, maintenance and improvement of the environmental management systems (work processes, standards, procedures) in order to ensure regulatory compliance and add value to meet site objectives and maintain the license to operate. This job exists to primarily provide environmental compliance support. This position also supports continuous improvement with environmental processes and programs. The compliance support includes the coordination and administration of existing Environmental programs; determining the applicability (and non-applicability) of regulatory requirements to each facility; conducting compliance gap analysis and assessments; developing implementation plans to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and standards; and implementation of global environmental management systems and work processes.
The candidate will work closely with Production and ORC/EH&S Leadership, other members of the ORC/EH&S Delivery Team, and plant personnel to ensure full compliance with regulatory requirements, enhancing environmental knowledge and awareness throughout the department, and improving environmental performance to achieve goals. The Environmental Delivery Specialist has significant responsibility to provide timely and sound environmental evaluations and ensures compliance to all regulations. The incumbent must also have an in depth understanding of both federal and state environmental regulations so that proper guidance is provided to the production and engineering organizations. This position provides proactive leadership in achieving department ORC/EH&S goals. The incumbent will play a key role in helping the plants identify and resolve critical environmental issues that enable business success.
Olin Corporation is a leading vertically-integrated global manufacturer of chemical products and a leading U.S. manufacturer of ammunition. Olin is the world’s leading producer or chlor alkali products and Vinyls, the number one supplier of epoxy materials, the number one global seller of membrane caustic soda and chlorinated organics and the number one North American seller of chlorine, bleach and hydrochloric acid. Winchester's principal manufacturing facilities produce and distribute sporting ammunition, law enforcement ammunition, reloading components, small caliber military ammunition and components and industrial cartridges.
- Shares with the Leveraged EH&S Leader, the responsibility for implementation of the environmental management system (work processes, standard, procedures) that add value to the business, meet business objectives, and maintain the license to operate. This job may be applied within a specific plant or may be leveraged across multiple plants within a site.
- Implement global management systems (work processes, standard, procedures) that focus on environmental.
- Manage air, water and waste regulatory and permit requirements. This includes permit applications for new and modified equipment, requests for permit changes, and permit renewal applications to ensure continuous license to operate.
- Collect and provide data for various EH&S reports (internal and external) and agency requests.
- Act as the focal point for site, business, or function for specific environmental discipline (i.e., air, water, waste, etc.).
- Participate in and provide data for EH&S audits (internal or external).
- Coordinate, implement and optimize EH&S programs across the site or within specific plants and businesses.
- Lead and participate in incident investigations and corrective action process.
- Initiate and support management of change (MOC) for EH&S matters as necessary.
- Maintain all EH&S records in accordance with the company records retention policy.
- Obtain clear interpretations of site-specific regulatory process, regulations, and laws and associated procedures and ensure full sustainable compliance with those requirements.
- Evaluate, develop, effectively implement and maintain ORC/environmental work processes and regulations, as applicable
- Complete and submit required regulatory and periodic emission reports on time and defect free
- Provide expertise/guidance in environmental regulations applicable to Epoxy and for the specific requirements of plant operating permits
- Act as the coordinator and host for TCEQ and other agency representatives inspecting our facilities
- Manage the systems to perform environmental calculations & ensure full compliance
- Identify and drive improvement opportunities for supported plants (ex. waste or emission reduction, spill reduction).
- Implement and maintain self-auditing programs and drive any action item closure plans to ensure 100% compliance with all internal and external requirements.
- B.S. degree in Chemical Engineering
- 1-3 years of experience required
*Degree must be from a school that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the Secretary of Education of the U.S. Department of Education
Olin is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.