Exterran Electrician in Houston, Texas
Job Type:Full Time
Location:TX - Houston 77041 Shop
Apply To This Job
Return To List
Is responsible for assisting with the electrical and electronic installations on equipment in the production area. Position requires moderate supervision.
· Must have knowledge of MCC and switchgear work
· Must be able to troubleshoot motor controls (energized)
· Must be able to read blueprints and read and interpret the National Electric Code requirements
· Is responsible for making final electrical connections after installation of conduit
· Is responsible for reporting any problems arising during the test cycle on units
· Must be able to assist with troubleshooting issues
· Test control panels and make connections which ensure the function of the panel yields accurate results.
· Certify units, final inspection and test documents
· Make changes to panel selection, wiring, etc.
· Maintain a file of installation design and technique for new units through pictures and diagrams.
· Work with suppliers of electrical components to design hook-ups on panels
· Help with mechanical assembly as needed
· Participate in the Quality Improvement Process as required.
· Must be able to fabricate and install rigid & aluminum E.M.T, plasti-bond, and conduit
· Must be able to use benders
· Must be able to wire and cable installation by hand, by machine and in cable trays
· Any combination of education and experience which would be likely to result in the needed skills and abilities. Preference will be given to a high school graduate with trade school credits.
· Must have a minimum of five years’ experience in electrical field
· Background in electronics
· Ability to run pneumatic tubing
Apply To This Job