Olin Corporation Lead Product Stewardship Support Specialist in HOUSTON, Texas
Lead Product Stewardship Support Specialist
Product Stewardship Support Specialist
Olin Chlor Alkali Products and Vinyl’s and Olin Epoxy, both divisions of Olin Corporation, have an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Product Stewardship Support Specialist, located in Houston, TX.
The Product Stewardship Support Specialist is member of the Global Product Stewardship and Compliance Department and supports Product Stewardship Managers with their responsibility for accurate product composition and hazard information provided to Olin’s customers via Safety Data Sheets globally. The Product Stewardship Support Specialist will be reporting to the global Director for Product Stewardship and Compliance.
In this role you will collaborate with the business Division’s Product Stewards globally to facilitate the collection of the information on raw material composition and physico-chemical and hazard data for new products or facilitate the update of the information following any changes. You will also help respond to customer inquiries from existing customers or as part of their vendor qualification process.
- Work closely with R&D and Quality to understand new product introduction or changes to existing products.
- Work with the Product Responsible Person (PRP) to complete information on product composition, on raw materials, and on available product data and summarise the information in the relevant forms.
- Facilitate the review and approval of the information with the responsible Product Stewardship manager.
- Facilitate a process to help respond to questions on product regulatory status or certifications, or on product hazards as received from internal and external customers or as part of external customers’ vendor qualification process.
- Provide input to the regulatory information and Dangerous Goods information, specifically as it pertains to European requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biological Sciences, Toxicology or HSE related field.
- Experience with the SAP EH&S system.
- Understanding of European National Regulatory Information and Dangerous goods classification.
- Information systems management proficiency – Excel, database management, etc.
- Proficiency in English, fluency in German language desired. Preferred Qualifications:
- Minimum of two years’ experience with hazard communication requirements and customer inquiries.
- Detail-oriented and results driven with excellent communication and interpersonal skills Olin offers:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits
- An opportunity to make a real difference in the manufacturing industry but a small company environment that gives employees a chance to be seen and appreciated and to grow in responsibility.A variety of jobs and career paths that will appeal to those who are drawn to a creative, energetic and open workplace environment.
Olin is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.