Corning Incorporated Automation Maintenance Tech in Keller, Texas
Automation Maintenance Tech
Date: Oct 11, 2017
Location: Keller, TX, US
Req #: 8362
The purpose of this position is: Provide both preventative maintenance and repair for manufacturing equipment used in the Connector Automation department.
This position includes significant duties such as to:
• Troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic processes of both automation and manual equipment in order to support production needs
• Determine the quantities and capabilities of materials needed and the cost for the repairs, upgrades, and modifications of the equipment
• Perform basic operation processes for all equipment used in production
• Use drawings, sketches, specs, charts and tables to locate machinery, determine requirements, identify spare and repair parts, determine preventative maintenance schedules, and determine machine capabilities and optimize them
• Assist Engineering with the layout of equipment and installation of necessary utilities
• Prioritize preventative maintenance and repair on all manufacturing equipment
• Identify issues and react appropriately, including bringing long-term downtime or urgent quality issues to the Supervisor and Engineer’s attention
• Use computers to communicate with software PLC’s and other programs needed to troubleshoot or operate equipment to the proper industrial standards
• Work independently or as a team member to perform minor equipment improvement projects to reduce downtime, improve quality and overall reduce costs for the operation of the equipment
• Maintain inventory counts for spare parts
Working Conditions :
• Well lit, climate controlled areas
• Bending, standing, or walking for approximately 6-8 hours per day; occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, rarely lifting up to 70 pounds
• Work with chemical substances, heat, dust, noise, fumes odors, oil mist
• Will require use of PPE, such as, ear protection, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, etc.
High School Diploma or GED required
Experience : Over 5 years in a manufacturing environment with proven skills in mechanical and/or electrical troubleshooting; knowledge of computer programs such as Word, Excel, Access, and other maintenance troubleshooting and scheduling software. Ability to effectively communicate in English.
Corning Optical Communications – Keller Plant is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to workforce diversity.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth