Fujitsu Mainframe Architect - Richardson, TX or North America in Richardson, Texas
Title: Mainframe Architect - Richardson, TX or North America
Other Locations: Canada, USA
Job Number: FAI04361
Fujitsu America, Inc. provides a complete portfolio of business technology services, computing platforms, and industry solutions. Fujitsu platform products are based on scalable, reliable and high-performance server, storage, point-of-sale, and mobile technologies. Fujitsu combines its renowned platform offerings with a full suite of onshore, near shore and offshore system integration, outsourcing, and datacenter services covering applications, operations, infrastructure, customer service, and multi-vendor lifecycle services. Fujitsu provides industry-specific solutions for retail, manufacturing, healthcare, government, education, financial services, and telecommunications sectors. For more information on Fujitsu America's business scope, visit http://solutions.us.fujitsu.com/
We are looking for aMainframe Architectfor our MIS Group in our Dallas, TX location.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Pre-sales, proposal development and RFP response
• Drive solution architectures from ideation through contract signature.
• Provides oversight on new workload needs with respect to z/OS, CICS and DB2 and other client facing environments. Additionally, in this role the mainframe architect recommends workload separation as needed to align with strategy.
• Determines requirements by assessing business strategies and requirements; researching architecture standards; conducting system and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; and preparing cost estimates.
• Develops requirements and strategies to address information technology needs and oversees projects through the implementation phase.
• Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
• Experience managing senior-level client relationships
• Experience presenting to clients or other decision makers to present and sell ideas to various audiences (technical and non-technical)
• Works with team members and information technology teams to ensure changes to new or existing technologies are assimilated and functioning correctly.
• Defines requirements for information technologies and solutions.
• Partners with other technical architects within the company to ensure consistency for Enterprise Architecture processes and practices.
• Ensures that information technology controls meet the requirements of all regulatory and/or contractual requirements.
• Researches new and emerging technologies to evaluate technical trends and requirements.
• Participates and provides evidence in information technology compliance activities in support of internal and/or external audits.
• Develops and fosters strategic relationships and establishes key organizational partnerships.
• Establishes collaborative working relationships with internal and external business partners and clients to ensure that technology solutions align with security architecture and business strategy.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• In depth knowledge of zSystems hardware, software and Clustering technologies such as Parallel Sysplex, including data sharing technologies
• In depth knowledge of mainframe storage
• Expertise in technologies that mitigate risk such as RACF, encryption, disaster recovery and high availability
• Understanding of technologies that provide improved availability and disaster recovery such as GDPS and replication
• Experience with mainframe integration solutions using transaction managers such as CICS and WebSphere, connecting applications to Database technologies such as DB2 using JDBC and other connectors
• Experience configuring z/VM for Linux on IBM z Systems
• Deep understanding of security zones and network perimeter architecture
• Knowledge of multiple industries, i.e. financial services, healthcare, government, etc.
• In-depth knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles (including waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development)
• Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
• Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
• Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
• May require a fluency in developing and understanding sequence diagrams, class models, etc.
• May require in-depth knowledge of networking, computing platform, storage, database, security, middleware, network and systems management, and related infrastructure technologies and practices
• Good to have IBM iSeries systems experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.