Ventura Foods Industrial Technician in Saginaw, Texas
ShareEmail OpeningApply Now
EOE StatementWe are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
LocationSaginaw, TX Plant
About the OrganizationVentura Foods is a leading national manufacturer and marketer of branded and custom made shortenings, oils, dressings, sauces, margarines, culinary bases and pan coatings for the foodservice and retail industries. From East to West, Ventura keeps pace with the dynamic food marketplace by delivering high quality products at competitive prices. In fact, our company's growth is fueled by long-lasting profitable partnerships that benefit all parties. We do this by meeting the challenges of an ever-changing world by applying the strengths of our commercial resources, the talents of our employees and the opportunities created by new technologies. Throughout our rich history, one thing hasn't changed: the dedication to our customers and the consumers we are proud to serve.
• Responsible for troubleshooting, design/implement/document control solutions for material handling, filling and packaging systems
• Perform assigned tasks to include, but not limited to, ALLEN BRADLEY CONTROLLOGIX PLCS, Control View HMI, OPTO Controllers, Crisplant and Buschman BOSS sort systems.
• Repairs to be performed in conformance with established standards.
• Use AutoCAD to review, develop and maintain electrical schematic and conveyor layout drawings.
• Work with IT, FC Software and Operations Engineering to develop and update controls knowledge and training document for the facilities team.
• Education: Possess a high school degree or an approved GED. Degree or Certificate in Electronics or Industrial Electricity preferred, but not required.
• Minimum 5 years of Industrial controls experience preferred.
• Must have a good working knowledge to include, but not limited to, the troubleshooting and repair of VFDs, Motors/Wiring configurations, PLCs, Computers, Electrical Schematics, Control Circuits, and Preventive / Predictive maintenance.
• Familiarization with AB PLC processors (CompactLogix and ControlLogix preferred) and input/output modules. Knowledge of other non-A&B control systems such as OPTO, Crisplant and Buschman BOSS would be a plus. Design, specify, start, validate, monitor, and troubleshoot EIC systems including Sensor Specification and performance, PLC logic, electrical drives and motor controls.
• Ensure that control hardware and software, installation, PLC/HMI programming, and operational requirements meet specifications, codes, and end-user expectations.
• Work cross-functionally with other departments and across other engineering disciplines to design and detail industrial processes, motor controls, instrumentation, and power systems that meet business requirements.
• Program, troubleshoot, and configure Allen Bradley (Rockwell) PLC/HMI control systems
• Detail control strategy for process areas, communicate, educate, and train technicians and managers on processes, equipment, and standards.
• Problem-solve in process engineering issues and/or design issues by applying controls theory and engineering principles.
High school diploma or GED required with demonstrated ability in mathematics and science. Sufficient secondary training (college, trade school, work experience) in basic mechanical concepts and principles is a plus. 5 years experience with ammonia refrigeration in the food industry required. Refrigeration certifications are a plus. Will be required to obtain and maintain Ammonia level 3 certification with administrator components.Working knowledge of materials which are applicable to various conditions and services in the department. Ability to read and comprehend job procedures; log sheets; equipment/part prints and diagrams; and equipment manuals and labels. Ability to record, calculate (add, subtract, multiply and divide), interpret and communicate various data relevant to his department. Working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel software programs and ability to learn and use JDE as required. Must be able to identify and report any operating system or food safety concerns.VIII. Physical Activity/Work EnvironmentPercent of TimeTravelDrivingProlonged Sitting 15%Prolonged Standing/Walking 40%Climbing, Crawling, Pushing, Pulling, Lifting ( 50 lbs.) 25%Finger-Hand manipulation (e.g. 10-key, typing ) 10%Prolonged VDT use (Video Display Terminal) 10%Extremes:TemperatureNoise 60%Dust 1%Fumes 1%Other Safety Hazards: Electrical, Chemical. 5%
This position is currently accepting applications.
AppOne.comTM-- copyright-1999-2017 HR Services, Inc.
Click herefor technical assistance.