Owens & Minor Human Resources Manager in Flower Mound, Texas
Provides leadership to the Operations and Commercial Services leadership team and teammates within the region that encompasses distribution centers (DC) or manufacturing facilities (MF).Provides consultation and collaboration in all functional areas of Human Resources including, but not limited to effective employee relations, staffing, compensation and benefits, training, change management and organizational development strategies.Fosters employee engagement at all levels and ensures compliance with employment laws.Partners with the Home Office in the creation of HR policies, programs and procedures. Communicates, administers and ensures the implementation and compliance of all Human Resources policies and initiatives.Assists the Regional HR Business Partner in delivering services and strategies tailored to the region, ensures human resources objectives are aligned with strategic business goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1.Supports leadership up to the General Manager level at multiple sites; partners with DC/MF leadership on business expansions, acquisitions, and location closings that may affect assigned locations; works closely with the local leadership team in formulating/implementing HR and business strategies (i.e., resource allocation, quality initiatives and organizational effectiveness).
2.Serves as a coach to leadership to ensure effective employees relations in matters of supervision, discipline, termination, motivation and performance management procedures, practices and policies.Conducts timely and thorough complaint/charge investigations and makes appropriate recommendations.Prepares case findings and recommendations for review by the Regional HR Business Partner, Home Office HR Leadership and Legal Department.
3.Provides input to overall HR strategies and helps to develop local strategies that comply with Home Officeprograms and meet organizational developmental issues;works with the Global Staffing and Organizational Effectiveness team to deliver organization design (to include workforce realignments, downsizing, etc.), succession planning, training and development activities, performance management and other pertinent related issues.
4.Partners with Home Office Functions such as Benefits and Compensation, HR Operations inclusive of HRIS and Payroll to ensure the creation and implementation of teammate program and services.
5.Manages, develops, and coaches HR team members to ensure the effectiveness and credibility of the HR function.
6.Partners with the Regional Business Partner and Operations/Provider Services leadership team in development and execution of recruiting and staffing initiatives to build strong talent pipeline to meet projected growth.
7.Focuses on identification, selection and retention of talent to ensure a dynamic pipeline capable of delivering on forward-looking operational plans.
8.Acts as an impartial teammate advocate to ensure that all individuals receive fair and equitable treatment.
9.Serves as a liaison between teammates and O&M Leadership; promotes and fosters "open door" culture.
10.Resolves issues in the following areas:Affirmative Action/EEOC, performance management, placement/outplacement assistance, benefits and compensation.
11.Provides individual coaching/counseling to all teammates using conflict resolution and mediation techniques, intervention and change management strategies as circumstances dictate.Refers teammates to the appropriate resources/services, where applicable.
12.Ensures understanding and drives compliance with company policy, and federal, state, and local employment laws; acts decisively to resolve high-risk employee relations issues.
13.Assists in representing the Company in civil and EEOC charges. Communicates, implements, and administers company policies/procedures in the areas of affirmative action, benefits, and compensation, training, employment/outplacement and quality initiatives to meet the business goals.
14.Assesses and improves the management of human capital in areas of leadership, learning, communication, and collaboration. Provide written assessments with specific action items for improvement. Implements recommendations to effect change; conducts post intervention follow-up and review.
15.Acts as information link to ensure teammates are aware of and are utilizing O&M benefits and programs; identifies trends in teammates concerns or needs and provide feedback to Home Office HR to improve programs.
16.Negotiates with other areas of the Company representing the needs of the region for support/services based on unique and specific needs.Develops/performs needs assessments for such requests based on schedules, availability or resources and time constraints.
17.Generates, analyzes, and presents HR metrics reporting to management.
18.Leverages the exit survey process and related turnover data to identify and address retention issues.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs additional duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Five or more yearsof Human Resource's work experience
- Previous supervisory experience required
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated capability partnering and influencing business leadership
- Strong knowledge of in all areas pertinent to the management of all HR functions including, company policies/procedures, EEO/Affirmative Action, performance management, workforce realignment, employment, compensation, and organizational design
- Highly detail-oriented with strong project management skills.
- Demonstrates a high level of confidentiality, diplomacy and excellent judgment in navigating sensitive issues.
- Utilizes advisory, negotiating and influencing skills skillfully
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), facilitation and creative problem solving skills
- Strong presentation skills with all level of teammates
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills along with good business acumen.
- Demonstrated ability in conflict management and counseling
- Ability to prioritize,work under pressure and time constraints
- Current knowledge of all federal, state, and local regulations as it pertains to HR
- Solid computer skills
- Up to 30%travel to distribution centers or manufacturing sites
- Flexibility in work hours