Exterran Electrician in Houston, Texas
ElectricianTX - Houston NHR|Manufacturing
View All Jobs
Share This Job
Exterran is a global leader in full-service natural gas compression and a premier provider of services and equipment for oil & gas production, processing, treating, transportation and storage.
Exterran Corporation (NYSE: EXTN) is a publicly traded company with about 6,000 dedicated professionals working in about 30 countries. We cover every major oil & gas region of the world and serve the full spectrum of energy clients, from the super majors and National Oil Companies (NOCs) to the independent Exploration & Production and distribution companies. They count on us for fast, expert products and services. And we work hard to deliver.
Exterran Is An Equal Employment Opportunity
Exterran is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the HRD at Accommodation.Requests.NA@Exterran.com
Is responsible for assisting with the electrical and electronic installations on equipment in the production area. Position requires moderate supervision.
· Must have knowledge of MCC and switchgear work
· Must be able to troubleshoot motor controls (energized)
· Must be able to read blueprints and read and interpret the National Electric Code requirements
· Is responsible for making final electrical connections after installation of conduit
· Is responsible for reporting any problems arising during the test cycle on units
· Must be able to assist with troubleshooting issues
· Test control panels and make connections which ensure the function of the panel yields accurate results.
· Certify units, final inspection and test documents
· Make changes to panel selection, wiring, etc.
· Maintain a file of installation design and technique for new units through pictures and diagrams.
· Work with suppliers of electrical components to design hook-ups on panels
· Help with mechanical assembly as needed
· Participate in the Quality Improvement Process as required.
· Must be able to fabricate and install rigid & aluminum E.M.T, plasti-bond, and conduit
· Must be able to use benders
· Must be able to wire and cable installation by hand, by machine and in cable trays
· Any combination of education and experience which would be likely to result in the needed skills and abilities. Preference will be given to a high school graduate with trade school credits.
· Must have a minimum of five years’ experience in electrical field
· Background in electronics
· Ability to run pneumatic tubing