Exterran Estimator in Houston, Texas
EstimatorTX - Houston NHR|Manufacturing
View All Jobs
Share This Job
Exterran is a global leader in full-service natural gas compression and a premier provider of services and equipment for oil & gas production, processing, treating, transportation and storage.
Exterran Corporation (NYSE: EXTN) is a publicly traded company with about 6,000 dedicated professionals working in about 30 countries. We cover every major oil & gas region of the world and serve the full spectrum of energy clients, from the super majors and National Oil Companies (NOCs) to the independent Exploration & Production and distribution companies. They count on us for fast, expert products and services. And we work hard to deliver.
Exterran Is An Equal Employment Opportunity
Exterran is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the HRD at Accommodation.Requests.NA@Exterran.com
This position is part of a fast paced team supporting Applications Engineering and Sales in accurately costing new fabricated equipment in development of customer proposals followed with Change Order support of the Manufacturing Project Teams.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Review cost estimates from proposals and drawings prepared by the Application Engineer (AE).
· Estimate fabricating labor hours for welding, assembly, controls and instrumentation.
· Interface with Database Administrator to ensure material & labor cost are current.
· Assist the AE with the as-sold budget preparation in support of the order entry process.
· Maintain estimating activity log and archive supporting documentation.
· Participates in Continuous Improvement Process as required.
· Must comply with all applicable department, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills or Tools:
· Strong analytical thinking skills.
· Detail orientated and resourceful in completing work tasks.
· Excellent computer skills. MS Office required, Oracle a plus.
· Ability to read drawings required.
· Skill and ability to communicate effectively and professionally with others.
· Ability to respond well under pressure/stress and be able to meet deadlines.
· Ability to work with others in a team environment to the conclusion of a project.
· High School education. Some college education helpful.
· 3–5 yrs. experience in estimating compressor packages or related manufacturing work experience.
· Knowledge of piping systems, valves, flanges, fittings and controls.
· Knowledge of packaging compressors, layout and design.
· Knowledge of engines and compressors and the available options.