CB&I Intermediate Planner in Houston, Texas
Title: Intermediate Planner
Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Industry Leader seeks a Project Planner Intermediate
Type: 6 month/ Contract Assignment
Location: Houston, TX
Our client is a market leader in natural gas compression, produced water treatment solutions, oil and gas production equipment, and gas processing and treating.
Our client is a global market leader with unparalleled capabilities in an agile, fast-paced environment focused on delivering the absolute best service
Their core values – safety, service, respect, global perspective and integrity – define their culture. In addition, their skilled employees are among the most respected experts in our industry.
Our client’s professionals meet the challenge of improving the organizational capability and efficiency of our business every day, which means they often enjoy enterprise-wide projects and international experience at a company that is committed to continually advancing its information technology services.
Position Summary:Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Responsible for developing Integrated Project Schedules that incorporate best practices outlined by organizational standards, determining critical path of the program based on schedule progress and established task dependencies, ensuring and collecting schedule status from various team members. Candidate will develop financial reports and metric status reports used at Project and Program Management Meetings. In addition, the candidate will be work on Proposal schedules, Earned Value analysis and other ad-hoc reports.
- Work in multi-project manufacturing environment adhering and complying with company and department project policies and procedures.
- Actively manages and maintains the project plan for multiple, simultaneous projects using project management software P6 and /or Microsoft Project.
- Develops project schedules, maintains baselines and generate project status reports on a regular basis for the project team. Ensures and maintains Integrated Baseline Review (IBR), approvals and Change Management Plans.
- Create and prepare logical Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) while leading project team planning sessions related to structure and activities sequencing. Determine the critical paths required to meet the overall project completion date, modify critical paths based on prevailing conditions, and consult with project team members to develop workarounds to overcome obstacles.
- Monitors the status of programs/projects as related to project status ensuring that baseline schedule milestones are achieved. Identifies slippages, and reasons and communicates them effectively to Senior Management. Continuously develops scenario analysis and recovery plans in case of slippage to meet the target completion date, using Critical Path Method (CPM) and other techniques. Contributes and maintains the execution of recovery action plans.
- Collects and analyzes data on project progress in an effort to improve the accuracy of future planning.
- Reviews contract specifications, works with PM to identify risks or gaps in the Project Plan
- Active member in a cross-functional team, internal and external to Engineering and manufacturing; resolving issues; establishing and communicating project/program schedules, objective priorities, and targets.
- Provides high level, consolidated reports on project established metrics using Earned Value (EV) analysis (i.e. schedule/cost variance), progress report, resource allocation analysis, etc. on a regular basis.
- Supports PM on maintaining project management documentation (Project Management Plan (PMP), Risk Management Plan (RMP), Scope of Works (SOW), WBS Dictionary, Responsibility Assignment Matrix etc.
- Provides site staff with necessary schedules (look-ahead plans, schedule updates, what-if analysis, etc.)
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results in a cooperative and supportive manner.
- Works autonomously with limited supervision.
Required Skills or Tools:
·Bachelor's degree in engineering (or related discipline) from a four-year accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
·Minimum 5 years’ experience in related position(s).
·Basic knowledge of manufacturing, construction and installation sequence.
·Proficient in current planning softwares – Primavera and MS Project.
·Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
·Knowledge and application of EVMS methodology
- Experience with gas compression and production equipment.
- Experience in Risk Management
- PMP or PSP Certification
- Fluent knowledge of a second language in addition to English
No corporate sponsorship is offered in conjunction with this job.
For fastest response, put your name and the job title in the subject heading:
Last Name, First Name – Project Planner Intermediate
Contact: Christine Anadell
Job Field: Miscellaneous
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Contract
Job Posting: Feb 21, 2018, 9:54:28 AM
Requisition ID: 1801491
CB&I is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.