Exterran Product Line Manager Senior in Houston, Texas
Product Line Manager SeniorTX - Houston NHR|Product Services
View All Jobs
Share This Job
Exterran is a global leader in full-service natural gas compression and a premier provider of services and equipment for oil & gas production, processing, treating, transportation and storage.
Exterran Corporation (NYSE: EXTN) is a publicly traded company with about 6,000 dedicated professionals working in about 30 countries. We cover every major oil & gas region of the world and serve the full spectrum of energy clients, from the super majors and National Oil Companies (NOCs) to the independent Exploration & Production and distribution companies. They count on us for fast, expert products and services. And we work hard to deliver.
Exterran Is An Equal Employment Opportunity
Exterran is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the HRD at Accommodation.Requests.NA@Exterran.com
Position Summary:Targets, supports and maintains, from a global perspective, a market leadership position in the assigned areas of business. Functions as the principal Product Line liaison with the Basin’s with a focus to strategically grow the business and develop the required commercial/technical models, procedures and processes with specific concentration in the following areas:
· Enhances existing and implements new business (commercial) models that derive maximum benefit based on value
· Functions as custodian of the product line with respect to product specific standard offerings and commercial applications (including price list, catalog validation, E-catalog maintenance and part number integrity). Routinely audits existing product lines and recommends product obsolescence and/or rationalization where applicable
· Champions the Technology Watch for the assigned areas of business, which includes definition of client needs, monitoring of competition (market share and new product introductions) and identification of new technology acquisition opportunities
· Identifies and develops key service and optimization opportunities for the assigned areas of business. Leverages other existing products and services from the Surface Production Systems Portfolio
· Provides application engineering and project management support for third party sale compression solutions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Understands the market from a client perspective by engaging the Basin’s.
· Identifies key customers and establish relationships as appropriate, either directly (in case of new technology/processes) or in cooperation with the Basin locations
· Facilitates client surveys, visits and interviews liaising with Global Sales (Houston), understanding requirements for the development of new products.
· Understands the market, both internally and externally, including competitor positions, strategies, segmentation and current/future direction
· Works to establish and achieve relevant objectives.
· Provides input to strategic direction, working closely in a supporting role with Marketing, contributing to marketing communications, including content approval of all advertisements, brochures, web-based content, trade magazine articles, professional papers, etc.
· Identifies, evaluates and implements new technology and key service opportunities in particular business models
· Audits/Identifies product line gaps and propose R&D initiatives and/or acquisitions to fill those gaps
· Interfaces with other departments and defines the product specifications (from a commercial perspective), required personnel, and outside vendor relationships in the development of new products. Acts as a focal point for resolution of related issues
· Provides the Tools (pricing templates, standard proposal documents, etc.) that enable the Basin’s to sell the products and services to our clients
· Audits existing product software and identify/prioritize new software requirements
· Provides technical advice and guidance to other employees, product lines, marketing/technical staff, the field and Company groups on products for which the group is responsible
· Prioritizes project portfolio
· Manages three month rolling revenue forecast and update on a monthly basis
· Conducts internal audits of Product Line profitability by Basin.
· Monitor Product Line Profit & Loss statement to identify global trends and problem areas related to the specific Product Line. Proposes potential problem areas to be investigated.
· Recommends speculative equipment manufacture
· Participates in the development of all key opportunities
· Initiates Product Line Cost Rationalization exercises in the event the Company is unable to achieve threshold profitability limits with consistency
· Ensures that technologies developed in the group are properly protected through the patent process or other methods as appropriate
· Keeps abreast of technological developments in the area of expertise to ensure a high technical quality in tools and techniques developed in the group
· Maintains confidentiality of Company data and documentation
· Plans, organizes and directs the activities of direct employees to realize the most effective use of time, skills and equipment. Supervises the activities of assigned employees.
· Ensures compliance with all Company policies, including personnel recruiting, training, compensation, performance appraisals, promotions, transfers, discipline and terminations
· Observes and encourages safe working practices, rules and regulations; correct obvious hazards immediately or report hazard to supervisor if not immediately correctable
· Recommends and implements means to better achieve goals and to improve employee utilization, morale and development
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent experience,
· Minimum of 5 years experience in business development technology, including at least 2 years related sales experience.