Exterran Project Engineer Lead in Houston, Texas
Project Engineer LeadTX - Houston 77041 Ofc|Engineering
View All Jobs
Share This Job
Exterran is a global leader in full-service natural gas compression and a premier provider of services and equipment for oil & gas production, processing, treating, transportation and storage.
Exterran Corporation (NYSE: EXTN) is a publicly traded company with about 6,000 dedicated professionals working in about 30 countries. We cover every major oil & gas region of the world and serve the full spectrum of energy clients, from the super majors and National Oil Companies (NOCs) to the independent Exploration & Production and distribution companies. They count on us for fast, expert products and services. And we work hard to deliver.
Exterran Is An Equal Employment Opportunity
Exterran is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the HRD at Accommodation.Requests.NA@Exterran.com
Summary:Compression and Production Plants Engineering is responsible for the engineering and support of procurement, construction, and commissioning of gas compression and Oil& gas production facilities utilizing Exterran’s products and third party vendor supplied equipment as the basis for the scope of supply. The Project Engineer will support the conceptual development of proposals and execution of projects.
Project Engineer is accountable for coordinate project engineering team activities during all phases of project engineering development from proposal to construction and commissioning support. Central responsibility is coordination of all engineering deliverables including outsourced engineering to meet the project scope on time, on budget and with the established margin.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· To produce engineering execution plan in line with execution strategy as part of Project execution plan for the project.
· To Implement the Engineering Execution Plan, update control and monitor engineering progress until completion of the project.
· Provide effective interfaces and relationships within/between disciplines and peers in our project team and customer project teams;
· Execute, with assigned resources, the technical work for FEED and Detailed Designs within the designated Cost Time Resource (CTR) scopes;
· Prepare Third Party Engineering RFQ and perform the technical bid analysis and selection.
· Interface with TPE to meet project requirements as stated in RFQ and contract.
· Manage all TPE planning and execution processes. Control TPE progress and assure the implementation of any recovery or mitigation plan.
· To organize on time Contract review and internal Kickoff meeting with all disciplines
· Organize and participate in engineering and design reviews, such as HAZOP, HAZID and Value Engineering reviews;
· Ensure the quality of technical work and the technical integrity, constructability, functionality, safe operation and reliability of designs.
· To expedite for time execution of engineering in line with engineering schedule & report to PEM/PM
· Prepare Engineering Deliverable List, Purchase Requisition List and IDC Document Distribution Matrix
· Maintain various log & registers i.e. Issue Log, Hold List, DCN Register, Comment Resolution Sheet Record, Concession Request Record, Technical Query Record
· To coordinate and support various studies related to engineering
· Continuously monitor the engineering progress and report to PEM/PM
· To interface with all discipline team on day to day basis
· To organize Inter discipline checks per company procedures.
· To organize approval process of documents as required
· To prepare the weekly and monthly progress reports
· To prepare the balance activity list and prioritize the same according to project criticality path
· To interface with document control on day to day basis to ensure the Master document register and Vendor document registers are updated on daily or weekly basis.
· To organize meetings with customer and vendors for clarifications keeping project management team in loop.
· To expedite release of on time procurement requisitions
· Be responsible to make quick quality checks on deliverables being released to customers or manufacturing
· Interface with internal customers such as project management, manufacturing, procurement, quality assurance & controls
· To manage the on time procurement requisitions
· Proactively anticipate the problems / Issues / Risks during execution of the project and mitigate before they occur.
· Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university, preferably in Mechanical or Process Engineering or related field.
· Works or has worked at least ten years in an engineering consultant or EPC company.
· Works or has worked at least five years as a Project Engineer.
· PMP professional is a plus.
· Ten to fifteen years related experience.
· Experience with Oil & Gas related rotating and static equipment specification, requisition, technical bids and selection
· Experience with packaging design, skid design, ASME - section 8 pressure vessel design
· Experience with mechanical systems/equipment calculation.
· Knowledge of piping and pipe schedules, flanges and fittings
· Experience with pipe stress analysis
· Knowledge of internal combustion engines, electric motor drives and/or separable compressors.
· Standard requirements. Bending, squatting, climbing, stooping, twisting and reaching will all be required occasionally in this position
· Sitting for long periods of time
· Lifting 10 pounds maximum with occasional lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds
· May be required to work at heights of up to 25 feet
· Must meet all OSHA regulations and must wear all required PPE when in the shop environment.