Kiewit Corporation Smart Plant Reference Data Administrator in Houston, Texas
Date: Apr 5, 2018
Location: Houston, TX, US
Requisition ID: 73143
Kiewit is looking to expand its engineering technology department into a world class organization able to supports Kiewit’s operational and development needs as it relates to engineering applications, especially Kiewit’s fully integrated SmartPlant environment. This position will work with other team members, Engineering and Design Departments to provide operational and development support. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Setup and management of new and existing engineering projects within SmartPlant Reference Data
• Providing user-support to project resources
• Managing and creating Pipe specifications in SPRD throughout the project lifecycle
• Download and bulkload pipe specs and catalog changes from SPRD to SP3D
• Verifying the component placement in SP3D
• Troubleshooting component placement issues in Smartplant 3D
• Troubleshooting ToDo list errors related to catalog changes in SP3D
• Continually seeking opportunities to increase end-user satisfaction
• Documenting changes and processes
• 5 years or more Experience in SmartPlant Reference Data administration and development
• Completion of admin and user training for SmartPlant Reference Data
• Experience in using SmartPlant 3D and Catalog placement tool.
• Relevant engineering and/or construction industry experience is preferred
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Highly motivated and self-directed with strong communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built in to every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different:
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: System Administrator, Database, Plant, Engineer, Wastewater, Technology, Manufacturing, Engineering