Oceaneering Welder - 2nd Shift in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The primary role of this position is to perform manual welding in the fabrication, assembly, repair and maintenance of varied manufactured components.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Select equipment and plan layout, assembly, and welding.
- Perform welding in accordance with approved welding procedures.
- Lay out, position, align, and fit components together in accordance with Engineering provided drawings or schematics.
- Bolt, clamp, and tack-weld parts to secure in position for welding.
- Set up equipment and weld parts using arc, gas-shielded arc, submerged arc or gas tungsten arc welding equipment.
- Assemble parts by bolting and riveting.
- Repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts.
- Handle both ferrous and non ferrous materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum two (2) years related experience or training
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge and understanding of GMAW/GTAW manual welding equipment, including power supply, welding torch, gas equipment, and hand tools
- Pass Company Welder Performance Qualification Test
This position is considered SHOP/INDOOR WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Primarily indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Frequently working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- When outdoors, humidity is frequently above 90%
- Noise is over 85 decibels.
- Light is intense/glare.
- Occasional exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lift 20-50 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Identify color differences
- Wear PPE for skin protection
- Lift 10-25 pounds
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects
- Twist body, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated, and work with arms extended overhead.
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Wear PPE protection for body, vision, and hearing protection
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Welder - 2nd Shift
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 12695
Full/Part Time: Full-Time