Valero Associate Scheduler - Renewables in SAN ANTONIO, Texas
Schedules movement of modified distillers grain (MDGS), dried distillers grain (DDG), or ethanol by rail, truck or barge.
- Works with the sales managers to ensure customer requirements are being met per the Sales Contract terms.
- Contacts customers proactively to promote customer satisfaction.
- Maintains communication with each customer, addressing relevant needs in a timely manner.
- Resolves customer complaints and solves on-going issues to help drive continuous improvement for the company and customer satisfaction.
- Works with Transportation team to help resolve shipping problems and expedites orders when there are delays or delivery issues.
- Coordinates 3rd party pick-ups/deliveries when necessary.
- Ensures customer receives appropriate shipping documentation (Certificates of Analysis, bills of lading, etc.).
- Enters, executes, and maintains accurate and timely orders.
- Coordinates with Transportation team to determine optimal ship points based on costs, sales forecast, terminal/plant capabilities, transit times, etc.
- Tracks railcars daily to confirm product is moving per customer timing needs.
- Liaises with Sales Managers/Traders on a regular basis to communicate forecast variances and resolves issues related to customer service.
- Monitors monthly customer volumes versus forecasted volumes and resolves issues as needed.
- Remains in continuous contact with Transportation team to determine optimal logistics strategies to meet customer requirements.
- Negotiates ship dates and flexibility with customers based on the company’s inventory needs and the customer’s requirements.
- Coordinates with customer service and rail logistics on any transport equipment issues.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s or higher level degree in industrial distribution, energy management, management, business, finance, accounting, math, marine, science, or engineering preferred.
- Experience in refining or related industry preferred.
- Ability to travel as business needs deem necessary required.
- Ability to maintain a high level of focus in order to manage assigned transportation operations 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including holidays when required.
- Excellent customer service, communication, negotiation, and problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team required.
- Ability to exercise sound business judgment and establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels in the organization required.
- Ability to respond promptly to needs for service and assistance from others required.
- Ability to complete projects in a timely manner required.
- Skillfully gathers and analyzes information required.
- Ability to work well in group problem solving activities required.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and other petrochemical products. Valero, a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio, Texas, with approximately 10,000 employees, is an independent petroleum refiner and ethanol producer, and its assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3.1 million barrels per day and 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of approximately 1.45 billion gallons per year. The petroleum refineries are located in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, and the ethanol plants are in the Mid-Continent region of the U.S. In addition, Valero owns the 2 percent general partner interest and a majority limited partner interest in Valero Energy Partners LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Valero sells its products in both the wholesale rack and bulk markets, and approximately 7,400 outlets carry Valero's brand names in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and Ireland.
About Valero Headquarters
After acquiring Ultramar Diamond Shamrock in 2001, Valero began planning the construction of its state-of-the-art corporate headquarters at the edge of the Texas Hill Country in San Antonio, at Interstate 10 West and Loop 1604. It was completed in 2004. Today, the 200-acre Valero campus includes a main building; two connected newer office buildings; a four-story, separate building; and two large parking facilities. The headquarters also features a beautiful cafeteria, state-of-the-art training facilities, a fitness center, a daycare facility and jogging trails.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Job: Marketing %26 Supply/Wholesale/Trading/Transportation
Primary Location: US-TX-San Antonio
Job Posting: Apr 19, 2018, 2:15:53 PM
Unposting Date: Apr 21, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: 1800172