Schlumberger Manufacturing Engineer - Prototyping and Production in Sugar Land, Texas
Manufacturing Engineer - Prototyping and Production
Location: Sugar Land - United States
The Manufacturing Engineer – Prototyping & Production performs the lead role in the implementation of mechanical and electrcal manufacturing processes and techniques (including assembly and testing) - and the implementation of LEAN and use of Six Sigma tools. The Manufacturing Engineer is the owner of their respective manufacturing processes and standards and enforces implementation by training shop floor personnel, implementing and monitoring metrics, and oversight. The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for solving complex manufacturing problems and takes an active role in troubleshooting quality and production yield related issues within manufacturing. These activities are performed in line with company strategy, and with conformity to relevant standards.
The successful candidate with work with electronics printed circuit board assembly (PCBA/PWA), product engineering for prototyping and manufacturing lines.The Manufacturing Engineer reports to the Product Line Manager (Production) or Product Manager (Production).
Successful Manufacturing Engineers are quick learners, have a passion to achieve excellence, and are enthusiastic change agents. They are strong communicators and work well with a range of people and both independently and as part of a team. They have excellent product knowledge, have strong decision-making skills and can effect change through their effective influence and leadership. Their ability to mentor and train others is an important skill for this role. They should have good knowledge of equipment and tools, ergonomics and safety, and maintenance systems.
Lean Six Sigma
- Responsible for the implementation of key elements of Lean, such as: standardized work instructions, line balancing, layout and work sequence (routing) optimization, training development matrix, Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen/5S workouts, pull processes, TPM (total preventive maintenance), cell design, and quick changeover/batch-size optimization.
- Implements process improvements to achieve manufacturing excellence in areas such as process yield (e.g. First Pass Yield, Rolled Throughput Yield), cycle time reduction and productivity.
- Provides shop floor feedback on product design and manufacturability issues to Engineering and DFMs (e.g. through the use of Engineering Changes Requests - ECRs)
- Reviews and signs-off on Engineering Change Orders that impact Inventory - including product life cycle issues, obsolescence, etc.
- Creates, implements, and monitors key performance indicators and metrics on manufacturing process capability and product quality.
- Monitors and seeks to reduce process costs.
- Responsible for assisting with investigation, root cause analysis, and corrective action implementation for manufacturing quality issues.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's in Industrial, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering or higher degree.
- Pervious entry-level position with a listed technical degree and strong interest in manufacturing. Otherwise, a significant background is required in a technical assignment in a manufacturing environment - including machine shop, industrial assembly plant, or other engineered products manufacturing environment.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.