Valero Control Systems Operations Technology Specialist in TEXAS CITY, Texas
Responsibilities of the System Specialist include maintenance and enhancement of our systems and applications, simplifying where possible while maintaining 100% availability and stability. Maintain the security of our systems, ensuring they are protected from cyber-security threats by compliance with all current Valero InfoSec Standards.
- Assists in maintaining and supporting the Process Control Network (Microsoft based Process Control), including (but not limited to): Security (firewall, AV protection, user accounts, etc.).
- Provides network support (LAN, communications, switches, routers, firewalls, etc.).
- Builds and configures networks, servers, stations, domains, and security.
- Responsible for the installation of software & hardware upgrades / patches.
- Maintains system availability & reliability.
- Application maintenance of various systems (e.g., Aspen Process Explorer, PAS Integrity, etc.).
- Maintains databases (e.g., SQL).
- Administrates license management.
- Executes Management of Change Processes.
- Assists in supporting integration of the control system, IT system and other third party systems.
- Identifies and implements efficient work processes.
- Performs backups and database maintenance.
- Creates and maintains system documentation (procedures, backup, recovery, troubleshooting, architecture, etc.).
- Assists in management of emergency recovery plans and procedures.
- Manages network hardware spare parts/inventory.
- Monitors various systems (e.g. Logs – systems and applications, disk space availability, machine and network performance, security, percent utilization).
- Performs routine preventive maintenance on hardware.
- Creates system architecture & design.
- Understands and applies company HSE and MOC practices, policies, and procedures.
- Develops and maintains safe behaviors and an awareness of the associated risks in routine activities.
- Participates in and, where appropriate, is responsible for the outcomes of Hazops and other safety reviews / audits.
- Participates in knowledge transfer with other Valero facilities.
- Implements best practices as appropriate.
- Performs other related duties as required.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 8 years of directly related experience required.
- Direct experience implementing, administering and maintaining most of the systems in Process Control Computing Environment required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in configuration, management and administration of Microsoft systems networks required.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and other petrochemical products. Valero, a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio, Texas, with approximately 10,000 employees, is an independent petroleum refiner and ethanol producer, and its assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3.1 million barrels per day and 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of approximately 1.45 billion gallons per year. The petroleum refineries are located in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, and the ethanol plants are in the Mid-Continent region of the U.S. In addition, Valero owns the 2 percent general partner interest and a majority limited partner interest in Valero Energy Partners LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Valero sells its products in both the wholesale rack and bulk markets, and approximately 7,400 outlets carry Valero's brand names in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and Ireland.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
About the Texas City Refinery
The Valero Texas City Refinery is located on the Texas City Ship Channel, approximately 40 miles southeast of Houston. With several recent upgrading projects, the refinery provides significant feedstock flexibility and product diversity to Valero's Gulf Coast operations. The plant dates to 1908, originally built to process 1,500 barrels per day of Oklahoma crude oil. The refinery has gone through continuous upgrades and expansions since then, including major upgrades from 1955 to 1970 when the total throughput of the refinery was increased from 40,000 to 130,000 barrels per day. In 1996, gas oil hydrotreater and residual oil solvent extraction units were commissioned along with significant revamps to the fluid catalytic cracking unit and the No. 3 crude unit. Since acquiring the refinery in 1997, Valero has invested more than $750 million in expansions and upgrades at Texas City. Most recently, the plant completed a major expansion consisting of a new delayed coker and a gasoline desulfurization unit. These expansions and upgrades give the facility a great deal of feedstock flexibility, resulting in a higher gross margin than a conventional refinery. The new units allow the crude units to run lower-value, heavier-gravity crude feedstocks to produce a large slate of low-sulfur, clean fuels.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Job: Information Services
Primary Location: US-TX-Texas City
Job Posting: Apr 6, 2018, 10:25:56 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 180016I