True Manufacturing Commercial Refrigeration Field Service Technician in Texas
The Commercial Refrigeration Field Service Technician is responsible for leadership in all technical service functions throughout their assigned territory which consists of all Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama, while working in conjunction with the Service Manager to maintain consistency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- File reports to update Service Manager of concerns and overall work that has been or is needed to be done.
- Responsible for leadership in all technical service functions throughout the territory while working in conjunction with Service Manager to maintain consistency.
- Work directly with our territory sales staff offering them and all end users assistance with technical support issues. This position does not include dispatching. However, in special circumstances, works as liaison between service provider and end users to assure issues are resolved correctly and in a timely manner.
- Present Field Service Training on all True product lines which include commercial and residential products and service procedures to all current service providers.
- Work to improve service network throughout the territories with our sales staff to add service providers where needed or remove current companies when satisfactory work is not being supplied.
- Act as the technical liaison between their specific territory and world headquarters.
- Work in unison with world headquarters Technical Service Team to troubleshoot, report and solve technical problems linked to repeat service issues being reported in the territory and assist in making any necessary changes to cabinets in the warehouses if needed.
- Territory covers all of Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama.
Certificate from college, technical school, or other educational program or equivalent experience required.
Five or more years of commercial refrigeration field service experience required.
HVAC-Refrigeration certificate preferred.
Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds.
- Must live within assigned territory and be within one hour of a major airport.
- Candidate must be willing and able to travel all throughout assigned territory for field service training and trade shows.
- Must also be willing and able to travel to the company headquarters in O'Fallon, Missouri for technical training.
- Candidate must be organized and detail oriented.
- Professional, friendly and personal communication skills both verbally and written.
- Service oriented, with high customer service focus.
- Initiative driven and service minded.
- Reliable and honest.
- Stress tolerant.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Be able to present to small or large groups.
- Fluency in other languages, a plus.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Company-paid drug screen, physical and background check required upon hire.
Since 1945, True has remained steadfast in our mission "To provide a wide range of American-made commercial refrigeration products that exceed industry quality standards at competitive prices." Throughout the years, True has maintained a business strategy focused on innovation and capital investment in updated facilities and state-of-the-art technologies. We are not only interested in a leadership role in the commercial refrigeration industry, but also as a leader and model in efficient, responsible manufacturing worldwide.
Posted: March 8, 2018